We're looking for a Paralegal to join our team in London. The Ascential Legal team has recently been re-structured to better serve the changing needs of the Group and support the business as it scales. Our team of talented individuals seeks to provide world class legal advice and to be highly valued and respected business partners. In addition to our legal skills, we aim to engage and influence the business effectively.
As a Paralegal in our in house Legal team your key responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with our qualified lawyers to provide advice and guidance to the business
- Assist with the development of templates for use by the business and legal teams
- Advising on a range of commercial contracts, standard terms & conditions, and several other business agreements
- Supporting legal work relating to joint ventures, corporate partnerships, acquisitions, disposals and restructures
- Advising on commercial disputes, resolutions, debt collections, intelligential property, trademark issues and managing the trademark and patent portfolio
- Supporting compliance policies and processes including privacy and data protection (including working with the Group DPO as required)
- Previous legal experience (In house ideal, but not essential)
- Good communication skills
- Strong relationship builder
- Ability to work set targets and objectives
- Eye for detail
- Willingness to spot opportunities and make improvements
What we offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Bonus, Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?